Saturday, April 9, 2011

Paper Banner

So I was browsing one of my favorite blogs yesterday and came across this Easter paper banner:

I have been wanting to do something with my son's name in his room for a long time, but I wanted it to be simple and not so permanent as starching fabric to the wall.  So I decided to make this:
I found a font on Word that I really liked, Enlarged it and printed the letters out using a light gray (so it would be easy to see to cut, but not use up all of my printer ink)  Also, if you have scrap printer paper, use that.  I am going to start saving my "trash" so that I can use it for projects like this.
Then I cut out all the letters.  I went to my stash of colored card stock and then cut the letters out again using the templates I just made.  Then, I went into my stash of scrap booking paper and cut just inside the template so that when I glued to letters together, the card stock shows up a bit.  Then I got some ribbon out of my stash, and pinned it to the wall with straight pins.  I got large and small paper clips and unbent them.  I hooked the large side through the letter and the small side hangs off the ribbon.  Then I made a few loops in the ends of ribbon hanging and pinned them into place, like this:


Happy Crafting!

1 comment: