Monday, March 28, 2011
My husband and I picked out some asian fabric for window valances or drapes or something several years ago and then sat and sat and sat.... SO.... I decided it was time to do something with it! I decided what shape of valance I wanted, made sure that he liked what I was doing and then taped about six pieces of paper together to make my pattern. It took a lot of pencil and eraser work, but I finally liked my final result. I laid the fabric out and cut the fabric out and then sewed it up! I took some tassels off an asian table runner that we had and sewed them into the valance for some flair. The longest part of this was making the pattern. It sewed together rather quickly and then we put the curtain rods up, (they have also been sitting for several years) and that was the second longest part of the whole project. And... now we have our window valances!