Thursday, March 17, 2011

Be My Valentine Banner

I don't have a tutorial for this one as I made it myself.  I took a heart stencil and traced out 13 hearts of one fabric for the back, 7 of another and 6 of the other.  Then I found a font I liked in word and printed the letters out (using light gray ink).  I cut the letters out of the paper and then pinned them onto light pink felt.  I then cut them out of the felt.  Once I did that, I sewed the letters onto each heart.  Then, I carefully pinned each heart, front and back along the ribbon.  I then sewed around the outer edge of each heart. 
Yes, this took a lot of time, but I loved it so much, I had a hard time taking it down when March rolled around :)

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. You said it! Very cute, but very time consuming. The letters would be the difficult part for me. I don't think I have that much patience. I would guess you could do the same out of cute scrapbooking paper and ribbons. Then, less recutting would be involved. But, I am not sure it would be as reusable.... :)

    ReplyDelete