Thursday, March 17, 2011

Children's Hooded Towels

I made a monkey towel for my son.  Then I made a monkey towel for a friends son and added some ears to that one.  Then I helped a friend make Mario and Luigi towels for her boys.  As you can see in the picture, the hoods are big enough for children with larger heads.





These hooded towels are really easy to make, just purchase a towel and hand towel at a discounted store.  I got mine at Ross and found even better prices at Burlington Coat Factory.  I used craft felt to make the eyes and nose of the monkey and the white parts of the Mario and Luigi towels.  They are wonderful!

Here is a tutorial that I found to make simple hooded towels.  I did not put the pleating in the back of mine, because I feel that it make the towel smaller for wrapping.  If you want something more creative, just search "hooded towel tutorial"  
Happy crafting.

http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/2008/02/kids-hooded-towel-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment